Hoping to get some more material onto the blog. The Kindle version of the Nixon Novel is now available, for 99 cents. Just click the picture on the sidebar.
-Prof. Timothy Luke Johnson’s The Apostle Paul, from The Great Courses. Another audio course, and it’s excellent. Unlike the more skeptical and academic Bart Ehrman, Johnson is a believer with generally Orthodox views. This intro to the Apostle Paul, his writings and the role he played in spreading Christianity is a great balance to Ehrman’s course on Early Christianity that I reviewed earlier.
-The Book of Job (older-NLT)
–World War Z by Max Brooks. This was a really good book. Very readable.
-Attack of the 50 foot Democrats by RK Delka. I reviewed this on Amazon. The author contacted me and asked for a review. As a struggling author myself, I agreed. And, after the first fifty or so pages, the book really picked up. It’s not art, it’s exactly as advertised.
-The Royal and Ancient Game by Kevin Nelson. This is basic golf lore, the stuff most golfers have heard about, but may not have the details on, like where certain golf grips come from or why Scotland became the home of golf. It’s read by George S. Irving.
– Gospel of Matthew
– Gospel of Mark
(If you’ve never listened to the New Testament, you should. The “synoptic” problem becomes very clear. And since these works were originally written to be delivered orally, you get a better understanding of the true effect these writings are supposed to have.)
- Ehrman at It Again (str.typepad.com)
- Investigating Bart Ehrman’s Top Ten Troublesome Bible Verses (str.typepad.com)
- Jesus Interrupted…the thought provoking Bart Ehrman (thewearypilgrim.typepad.com)
- Recommended Resources on the Gospel of Matthew (stjoeofoblog.wordpress.com)
- Ehrman’s Overblown Claims – Again (str.typepad.com)
- Engaging ‘God’s Problem’ – Disagreements with Chapter Five (edraby.wordpress.com)
- From the Notebook (martinandrade.wordpress.com)
- Free 40 Book Challenge Reader’s Notebook (cortezcorner.wordpress.com)
- Adventures in audio (justinpaprocki.wordpress.com)